Duke's Beauty aims to meet the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the guidelines on the Information Commissioner’s website as well as our professional guidelines and requirements.
The data controller for our practice is available on request by contacting 01273 622200.
When you arrive at the salon you will be asked to fill in our consultation sheet and provide personal information . The purpose of us processing this data is to provide optimum Beauty treatments to you.
The categories of data we process are:
• Personal data for the purposes of staff and self-employed team members
• Personal data for the purposes of direct mail/email/text/other marketing
• Special category data including medical information to carry out treatments safely
We never pass your personal details to a third party.
• Personal data is obtained when a client is in the salon, when a client subscribes to an email list, contacts us via our website or social media.
The lawful basis of processing personal data such as name, address, email or phone number is:
• Consent of the data subject
The retention period for personal data is 6 years after it was last processed. After this your personal data will be destroyed securely.
You have the following personal data rights:
• The right to be informed
• The right of access
• The right to rectification
• The right to erasure
• The right to restrict processing
• The right to data portability
• The right to object
Further details of these rights can be seen at the Information Commissioner’s website.
Comments, suggestions and complaints
please contact salon owner Chantelle for comments, suggestions or a complaints about your data processing. This can be via Email, in writing or by visiting the salon. We take complaints very seriously.
If you are unhappy with our response or if you need any advice you should contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Their telephone number is 0303 123 1113.
The ICO can investigate your claim and take action against anyone who’s misused personal data. You can also visit their website for information on how to make a data protection complaint.
Last Update May 2018